Insure Google Chrome is installed. If you can’t find it on the taskbar or in the start menu please try to install it:
- In Internet explorer browse to www.google.com.au/chrome
- Click the “Download Chrome Now” button.
- Untick the “Set Chrome as my default browser” checkbox and click the “Accept and Install” button.
- Chrome should install, if any security warnings come up select to option to allow it to run.
Google Remote Desktop Install
Open a new tab in Google Chrome by clicking the button at the top of your browser
Go to https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/chrome-remote-desktop/gbchcmhmhahfdphkhkmpfmihenigjmpp
Click the then add
Chrome Remote Desktop app will now be downloaded to the Chrome App Launcher
Click the Chrome Remote Desktop then click add
Accept the Permissions
Then select either
- Remote Assistance - Share your computer with 3rd Parties
Remote Access - Control your computer Remotely
Click the Get Started button that appears in the "Remote Assistance" box
In Remote Assistance click on the Share button.
6. This should bring up a window with a code. Give the code to the IT support consultant so they can remote to your system and assist.
Click the Get Started button that appears in the "My Computers" box, click it to display remote connection options.
Click Enable remote connections.
Chrome Will then download the Remote Host Installer
Install then Enter a PIN then click Ok
Now you can go to another Computer and Open Chrome Remote Desktop
Click on your Computer Name and Connect using the PIN