Depending on the size of your .pst file and the amount of corruption, this process can take a while.
- Close Outlook completely
- Find a file called scanpst.exe:
- In 32-bit Windows: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12
- In 64-bit Windows: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
- Double click to run the program
- When the Inbox Repair Tool (scanpst.exe) starts, enter the location of your .pst or .ost file. It should find it by default, but in case it doesn’t, here’s where you can find your file:
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\
- Windows Vista +: C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\
- Press Start
- After a while, the Inbox Repair Tool will give you a report and some options for the next step. Ensure that ‘Make backup of scanned file before repairing’ is selected.
- Click Details… for more information about the corruption
- Click Repair to begin repairing the file
- After some time a ‘Repair complete’ dialogue box will open.
Now you can try searching for your file in Outlook 2007 again.